Unincorporated Henry County Short-Term Rental Certificate Application
EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATLELY * YOU MUST HAVE THE LEGAL STATUS AND PRIVATE EMPLOYERS AFFIDAVIT NOTARIZED PRIOR TO STARTING THE ONLINE APPLICATION* Applications will not be accepted if the required form is not attached to application. Before you begin the application process, please read the following information in its entirety. Application cannot be saved.
PLEASE READ THE COUNTY ORDINANCE SEC. 3-3 ARTICLE VII Henry County Code of Ordinance FOR SHORT-TERM RENTALS TO SEE IF YOU RENTAL QUALIFIES.
IF YOUR RENTAL QUALIFIES CONTACT THE PLANNING AND ZONING DEPARTMENT 770-288-7526 TO SCHEDULE A DUE DILIGENCE MEETING.
THEN YOU MAY PROCEED TO SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION.
A separate Legal Status Private Employer form MUST be completed and NOTARIZED by each owner on the application.Legal and Private Employers Affidavit,
Local Emergency Contact Consent Form must be included with driver license of contact.
Local Emergency Contact Form.
1. Business licenses are renewed on a calendar year basis. Expires on December 31 of each year.
2. Certificate start date is the date you submit your application. Fees are assessed at the time of submission.
3. Will need to provide date rental was first rented.
4. Will need number of bedrooms and square footage of each bedroom.
5. A copy of the Driver License is REQUIRED
for each owner on application, plus a Legal and Private Employers Affidavit, REQUIRED FORMS. SEPARATE NOTARIZED
Legal Status/Private Employer Affidavit form for each owner.
6. Provide the name, address, phone number, email address and Driver License of the designated Local Emergency Contact. Local Emergency Contact MUST
live within 20 miles of rental.
Local emergency contact means an individual other than the applicant, who resides within twenty (20) miles of the subject property, and who is designated by the owner/applicant to act as the owner's authorized agent if the owner has traveled outside of the immediate area or is otherwise unavailable. The local emergency contact should be reachable on a twenty-four-hour basis, have access to the short-term rental property, and be authorized by the owner to act in the owner's absence to address any complaints, disturbances, and emergencies.
7. Please be sure to include your estimated gross receipts (12 month period).
8. You will also be required to submit monthly Hotel/Motel 5% excise before the 20th of the following month of collection. (You will receive a email once your Certificate has been issued with a separate account and pin number with information on how to make these monthly payments.) *Failure to submit monthly excise tax will result in noncompliance and your Short Term Rental license can be suspended.*
For questions reagrding the information needed below please contact Planning and Zoning 770-288-7526
If property is located within a subdivision, a letter from the Homeowners Association allowing Short Term Rental.
You must notify all properties owners within 300 feet of property of Rental unit and provide them the Local Emergency Contact information.
Copy of Brochure is required by Ordinance 3-3-Article VII Henry County Code of Ordinance
You must hire a Building Inspector to inspect the property. A signed Affidavit (Henry County Building & Plan Review Form) from a license Building Inspector, attesting that the property meets all applicable building and life safety codes must attached at time of application. Must include a copy of the Building Inspectors Certificate. Building & Plan Review Inspection Form (click to download)
You will receive an email once application is completed and approved to pay. We wish you much success in your business venture